This is dedication…

I run for the fun of it and enjoy running marathons regularly but my job sometimes interferes with my training and my chosen race. But being 210 miles above the race course didn’t stop Sunita Williams, an astronaut, from running her version of the Boston Marathon while aboard the international space station.

According to the AP story Sunita qualified for the Boston Marathon in January at the Houston Marathon…coincidently I ran the Houston Marathon and was only 2 hours behind her…but being is space complicated her ability to run the race today. So instead she strapped herself into the space station’s treadmill and ran the race from afar.

I have to say I admire that level of dedication…I only wish that I was that dedicated to running!


0 comments to "This is dedication…"

gopfolk's shared items

Shared Science News

Labels

Web hosting for webmasters