And you all thought I was full of hot air…

A few months back I ran down the numbers on replacing our coal fired plant with a solar plant (Is Solar a reasonable alternative? Continued) I’m sure there was more than a few of you that thought I was a little out there.

Well in today’s New York Times there is an interesting piece on the 2 new solar plants that will be installed in California. (Two Large Solar Plants Planned in California)

These two plants will have a capacity of 800 MW (remember that is operating at 100% efficiency) but only regularly produce a third of that!

The total area for these two plants…12.5 square miles or around 8,000 acres!!!

Oak Creek Power plant’s capacity is 1,153 MW (and operates at about 70% that capacity) and sits on 400 acres.


0 comments to "And you all thought I was full of hot air…"

gopfolk's shared items

Shared Science News

Labels

Web hosting for webmasters