Were we duped?

Before last week how many of us have heard of Cynthia McKinney? I’m not surprised that many have not heard of her. It wasn’t until I did a little searching and came across some quotes of hers that I remembered McKinney. (link)

"What did this administration know and when did it know it, about the events of September 11? Who else knew, and why did they not warn the innocent people of New York who were needlessly murdered? What do they have to hide?"

"What is undeniable is that corporations close to the administration have directly benefited from the increased defense spending arising from the aftermath of September 11th."

Some may recall 2002 when she was unseated by a Republican her words were bitter blaming the Republicans of distorting her words and record. I think her words are quite clear and there is no need to distort anything.

She was reelected in 2004; to the same seat she had lost 2002.

But the question still remains were we duped? Was Cynthia McKinney just trying to get back into the spotlight? Was this her way of getting a little free press leading up to another potential loss of her congressional seat? Why else would you have Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte stand by your side after you assaulted a police officer? Or send your lawyer out the press to claim you are “just a victim of being in Congress while black?”

"Let me be clear, this whole incident was instigated by the inappropriate touching and stopping of me, a female black Congresswoman. I deeply regret this incident occurred and I am certain after a full review of the facts, I will be exonerated" Said McKinney.

And I am certain that she has just secured her reelection bid for congress.


0 comments to "Were we duped?"

gopfolk's shared items

Shared Science News

Blog Archive

Labels

Web hosting for webmasters